1. These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the lottery, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
2. This lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of Clatterbridge Cancer Charity, Clatterbridge Road, Wirral, CH63 4JY.
3. For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this lottery is defined as a ‘Society Lottery.’
4. This lottery is registered with Wirral Borough Council. Licence Number: 202101834.
5. This lottery is administered by Sterling Management Centre Limited, an External Lottery Manager licenced and Regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 3137.
6. To enter the lottery, you must be resident in Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses) and aged 18 (eighteen) or over.
7. There will be eight weekly cash prize winners, although additional prizes could be offered from time to time, including a rollover.
8. All tickets shall be priced at £1.
9. All lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
10. The draw for the prizes will be made at Sterling Management Centre premises to be held weekly. You do not need to be present at the draw to win a prize in the lottery. However, a list of winners numbers will appear on our website weekly or are available by phoning us on 0151 556 5566.
11. If a cash prize is awarded, this will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
12. Winning prize cheques are valid for six months, after such time period the prizes will be treated as a donation to the Charity and not re-issued.
13. Clatterbridge Cancer Charity reserves the right in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances to substitute any non-cash prizes acquired for the lottery for a similar prize at Clatterbridge Cancer Charity’s absolute discretion.
14. Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds are eligible to win the prize.
15. The winners of the lottery prizes will be notified by letter and/or telephone.
16. All entrants are solely responsible for providing Clatterbridge Cancer Charity with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and Clatterbridge Cancer Charity will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising Clatterbridge Cancer Charity of the change.
17. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that they may be asked to take part in promotional activity.
18. Each game number is unique. A randomly selected game number will be issued with the confirmation of entry. Any member may subsequently request an alternative random game number if they wish at any. Requests for specific game numbers can unfortunately not be facilitated.
19. Lottery membership can be cancelled at any time by notifying Clatterbridge Cancer Charity in writing, by phone or via e-mail, this includes stopping the payment.
20. Clatterbridge Cancer Charity shall not be liable to the member for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:
- Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Clatterbridge Cancer Charity or the member from time to time.
- Any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Clatterbridge Cancer Charity for the administration of the lottery.
- Any delays or failures in the Banking system used by Clatterbridge Cancer Charity or the member.
- Any refusal by Clatterbridge Cancer Charity to accept registration of an individual as a member.
- Any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
- Any event beyond the reasonable control of Clatterbridge Cancer Charity.
21. Nothing within these terms and conditions shall create or should be construed as creating any form of contract between any entrant and Clatterbridge Cancer Charity.
22. Any complaints relating to the lottery should be sent in writing to Clatterbridge Cancer Charity giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
23. Clatterbridge Cancer Charity is committed to protecting the members’ privacy. Data that is collected from the member is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and is used solely for the purpose of processing lottery chances, subsequent entry into the lottery draw, and informing winners that they have won a prize.
24. Any member has the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information, please contact Clatterbridge Cancer Charity in writing.
25. Clatterbridge Cancer Charity will not sell, rent or grant access of any personal data to any third party without express prior permission.
26. No correspondence or discussion shall be entered into in the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of Clatterbridge Cancer Charity shall be final.
27. Clatterbridge Cancer Centre and Clatterbridge Cancer Charity employees are permitted to join the Weekly Lottery and are permitted to play the one-off raffles organised by the Charity.
28. Clatterbridge Cancer Charity reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If Clatterbridge Cancer Charity does this, Clatterbridge Cancer Charity will publish the amended rules on our website.
29. Clatterbridge Cancer Charity reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules. We will take all reasonable steps to advise entrants if this is the case.
30. The Clatterbridge Cancer Charity staff members responsible for the promotion and management of the lottery are the Senior Fundraising & Marketing Manager and the Head of Charity.
31. The Clatterbridge Cancer Charity staff member responsible for the compliance and financial management of the lottery is the Senior Fundraising & Marketing Manager.
32. Neither Clatterbridge Cancer Charity nor our external lottery manager shall be liable to you in contract, tort, and negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the Lottery (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and / or the chance of winning a prize).
33. Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference.
34. This lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the National Gambling Helpline on 0845 6000 133 or visit their website on www.gambleaware.co.uk
35. Clatterbridge Cancer Charity limits the maximum number of entries to £10 per person per week.
36. Anyone under the age of 18 may not enter the lottery. If an individual is found to be under 18 they will not receive any prizes and their membership will be cancelled immediately and their stake returned.
37. A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Clatterbridge Cancer Charity, Weekly Lottery, Clatterbridge Road, Wirral CH63 4JY
38. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and Clatterbridge Cancer Charity and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
39. Entry to the lottery is at Clatterbridge Cancer Charity’s discretion. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse membership at any time. This does not affect the rights of paid members to receive prizes.